Nowadays the prices of services have been increasing continuously, mostly regarding electricity. There is a worldwide trend that aims to reduce energy consumption patterns, seeking to preserve the environment, and lower costs.
In this sense, the establishment of policies for the prudent use of electricity has become common, and the saving of PC consumption in workstations is one of the wisest strategies. Having a tool with which we can manage consumption patterns in a centralized way. It will help you lowering production costs and making your business more competitive.
Facts About businesses' PCs Consumption Patterns
- On average, 20% of PCs do not turn off overnight or on weekends.
- There are very few organizations that establish energy saving policies for breaks or lunch hours.
- Many computers are left active during the night, to execute lengthy processes (for example backups). The problem is that after the activity ends, the PC remains inactive until the next day, or throughout the weekend. Idle mode consumes more energy than sleep mode.
- Today the devices are designed to turn on and off several times a day. A modern PC is ready to turn on and off about 40 thousand times before failure. You can have the equipment for 5-7 years, and you would not be even close to that figure.
- A PC that stays on (even in the inactive mode) is more sensitive to being hacked, which represents a severe risk to the security of the system, and the company network.
Advantages of PC Power Management
1. Energy and costs savings
It is the standard benefit of the application of policies that regulate the consumption of electricity. In figures, if your company consumes for example 1,500 kWh, you could reduce its consumption by almost half by applying the "off overnight" policy efficiently (down to 800 kWh). If also you also implement a strategy for a complete shut down on weekends, the consumption would be close to 400 kWh. Finally, if you include the habit of turning off the equipment during breaks and lunch hours, this figure would barely reach 300 kWh.
2. Preservation of equipment
All electronic devices are designed to last a certain number of hours. If you left a workstation for a whole year without shutting it down (assuming the employee works 40 hrs/week) it will have lost more than 2900 hours of useful life.
3. Improves the environment, and the value of the company
By implementing Green IT policies, we are avoiding the emission of heat, making our contribution to preventing global warming. However, beyond the environmental benefit, shareholders can benefit, since the "Green Commitment" can increase the market value of the shares up to 30%.
Get IT Green with us
The PC power management tool that comes integrated into our premier Cloud Management Suite product is designed to allow you from a single screen to manage the energy consumption policies of your organization. No matter the size of your business, the app can be a powerful aid to increase your company value. You are just one click away from enjoying our 14-day trial, and start placing the business on the next level. You can contact us for more information, just quote us, or leave us a message in our live chat. The CMS team will be pleased to assist you.Pc Power Management